Saturday, October 07, 2006

the Pitfalls of the Digital Era




Tape has its drawbacks, but once its on tape.. its on tape.. In stark contrast... digital audio can literally "vanish"

in short, I took the new digital recorder to the gig tonight, and I think I may have made a lstupid mistake...

How Stupid was it??? As a matter of fact, Page two of the owners manual clearly says NOT to pull the cord or hit the Power switch without doing the "Power Down Procedure"

And what does Rob do?, after recording two full sets of tunes???

in my haste to tear down, and get all my stuff put away.. I Pulled the freaking cord out..

lost.. gone.. never to be heard again..


Oh well.. although a Very Small Crowd, the gig went well.. Sounded very good... too bad i lost the recording..



I think I'll leave it home for the Seahorse gig... good sound there, but awfully crowded stage, and very easy for someone to spill beer over your gear..

But I will take it to the Penney... and will make Frequent Back ups!!!!

live and lean...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home