Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Back in the Saddle!


As much as I love Music, and it seems that its all I enjoy talking about, I get to do surprisingly little of it, at the end of the day..

Not for lack of interest, certainly, just only so many hours in a day, and so many other things competing for time...

Anyway... After an extended hiatis, we finally re-started our original music project tonight, and hope to keep it up as a regular 'Tuesday Nite' routine...

Aside from a little commericial I helped a buddy at work record, it was really the first time I got to play with my new Condenser Mic's...

All I can Say is WOW..

Previously i was limited to the guitars pick up, a borrowed Sure 58, and a mic cable with a bad ground... With the 2 new mics (and some good cables) WHAT a difference it made!!!

While certainly the best acoustic I've ever owned myself, the Garrison is not a "Great" studio Guitar... thats not a slight, it is a really good guitar, but it has its place... I guess I was just really Missing my Dad's old Gibson Humming bird, but with the garrison, and new Mic's, I think I'll fair out just fine for now...

First we recorded the guitar tracks for my new song... I got all the way through first take perfectly, until the freaking ending... then it all fell apart.. but thats the joy of a home studio... the meters not running... so it took, ah... more then a few takes to get it down... I wasnt watching the levels, and I had some clipping, but I dont care.. it was fun just to be doing something again...

Then we moved on to Wayne's new tune.... a few takes, one relay punch in, and that was it... No vocals, but that was enuff to shake the dust off, and get back in the swing of things..

Next week we add vocals.. then the backing tracks.. then maybe go back and re-do the guitar, if required...

its funny... I've had a Long day... raced home from work after 7... ate my supper with sling shot, ran the dog around the block and then, finally in the studio... I was dead tired when I got home, hurting, and all that jazz... But a few hours of Music, (and some tylenol 3's) and I'm re-charged..... But I'm not gonna push my luck.. No mixing or editing tonight.. I'm off to the couch and the ice pack for the back, then sleep..... afterall, tomorrow's another day..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home