Saturday, January 20, 2007

Trip down memory lane


I bought myself one of those thingys's to dub VHS off on DVD using the computer last year.. I've used it a few times, and its not hard.. but very time consuming.. one of those "retirement" projects maybe... But everynowandthen... I get it running and take a little trip down memory lane..

So During Sarah's nap I edited some video of a band I was in back in 89-91
As I finished it, I thought I didnt have enuff footage, so I just started scanning some pics to blend in with the video, and thought I'd post a few here...



We were just a cover band... using a sequencer at that.. but we were "tight" as they say... even had a midi controlled light show with fog machine... (pretty standard now, but cutting edge for late 80's)

We toured from CornerBrook up and down the Northern Penninsula, and down so far as Bonivista... Never made it off the rock, but we had a lot of fun...

anyway... that lead to a finding a few other pics and stuff I had stored away that brought back a lot of other memories.. and so it goes...

this (left) was an article in the PortAuxBasques Newspaper from back in the day...

Im not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing, but the Studio Board in the that pic is an Akai MG1214...Cutting edge as far as home studios go for back in the day, but compared to whats out there now, not so much.... it was limited to 12 tracks, dbx noise filtering, and very limited editing/effect options...

My new one not only cost a heck of a lot less, it takes up a lot less space, and can blow the doors off that old machine in its sleep.... god bless technology..maybe....

its Sad actually... Guitars go up in value, electronics go down... not really fair when you think about it.. especially if your a keyboard player...

oh well..

Speaking of guitars, and if you wonder where my Music Addiction stems from.. you don't have to look too hard.

Check out the basement wall of the house I grew up in..
These are all my Dad's ..... he's got a few more, and if I ever win the loto, I'd like go buy em all, but I don't think he'd ever sell em, not even to me... Funny how that works.

but then again, I wouldn't sell any of mine either... I've only ever Sold one keyboard, and one guitar, and I've regretted both Deeply, I'd buy em both back if I could..so never again..

I guess its like they say... the apple don't fall to far from the tree...


My dad still plays, still enjoys it.. We probably talk about 4 times a week or more... and most often, its about music...

He's pretty cool still... Even for an old dude ha ha,

He reads this sometimes, but says I type to god-damn much for him to read (short attention span I guess), thought i'd throw that in to check to see if he catches this one....


anyway.. its late now.. Im tired, need to clean before Trena gets home.... so Guess I'll close we off with this PIC..

we had it done for a poster back when we were trying to get more gigs, tour a little further away from home...

Check out the Mullet on the dude to the left!!!!

ahh... the good ol' days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home