Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hey jealousy!


I had the good fortune of being able to take in the Tour Tech Post xmas party tonight (thanks Scotty)

I bumped in to a lot of people I hadnt seen in a while who were also there, and got to see some Really great bands .
Wayne Nicholson, Streetheart, and Haywire to name a few... Give credit where credit is due.. they put on one hell of a party... But It wasnt as much fun as I hoped, but thats my fault.. not theirs...

Since that accident back in 05, my backs been a bit of a mess... Since then I've very little tolerance for being on my feet for any length of time... While my head wanted to stay, mingle, and enjoy.. my back kept saying "get the f__k home now"
I'd taken my back medicine with me, and took some before going in.. but had left it in the car... so a few hours in, after bing on my feet the whole time, i was getting pretty uncomfortable.. but it was far too cool to leave early.. So I suffered through it and bailed midway through haywire's set...

i think the other reason it wasnt as fun as it could have been for me is also my fault.. and I'll have to work on it... fact is.. Although I love LIVE music, seeing people play live, especially when its good and the crowd is into it... it makes me incredibly jealous... I just wish I was up there playing along....

And I thnk the third reason was that it made me realize how out of the loop I am with the Halifax Music Scene... But I'm working on it... lol..

But, that said... it was pretty F--king wicked... and I hope to be able to go again next year...


I was hoping to have some more pics, but they were somewhat strict on the "no camera" rule, so I just put it with my coat at the coat check...
I think Trena would have enjoyed this one too.. too bad its so late. I'd love to tell her all about it.. but oh well.. I should get some sleep too I guess

Thanks again Scotty for the ticket!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home