Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Fond farewell

Ok, thats a little dramatic a title...

truth is, I think I've hit an all time low insofar as it relates to "Blog Content" (if there is such a thing......

yep... this entry is to say goodbye to a T-Shirt.... two T-shirts actually..

I wear a suit to work, because I have to.. But deep down.. Im a t-shirt guy.. always have been.. always will be. Especially Concert shirts.. and stuff like that...

But.. sometimes... you got to purge the old inventory.. and I think I'm well past that in this case..

Meet "dave"




I've had this shirt since 93 I think.. How the frosh committe never got sued by "world wide pants Inc." I'll never know, but this has been one of my two fav "bumming around the house" shirts for 14 years... and its time to let go...

its Ugly, faded, and now it has Holes.... and is falling apart at the seems..

in contrast, however, this July 1987 Vintage Pink Floyd tour shirt (from the Momentary lapse of reason tour) has fared significanly better..





Common sense would say ditch this one too while I'm at it... but I can't... Its got a few good years left yet... Plus it was only one of the Best concerts ever...
Sure, it was Post Roger Waters... but they were still on top of their game.. and I was there.. In Nice France, July 17th, 1987 (dates on shirt are wrong) Colin Fralick from halifax was there with me.. and it was an Awesome experience..
the story about how we got home, and then ended up stranded in Monaco at 4am is a whole nother story... but at least thats a story worth reading.. (unlike this one... lol)

but that will have to wait another day...

daddy's tired, and needs sleep...

Trena's away.. and I'm Mr. Mom again... And to my credit.. Bed time was a peice of cake.. its the morning Im not so sure about.. so I'm off to sleep a a decent hour... (currently 10:20) so catch ya next time..

Cheers..


Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home