Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Good Trade!


Nothing better then Music to make new friends and keep old friends united.... and by extention of that, I have to say that I'm addicted to this new site (or at least its new to me) Kijiji
Its the "Bargain Hunter" for our generation...

I've bought gear in the bargain hunter before.. and sold.. and found some really good deals.. its also how I met great friends Jon Matheson, and all the boys in "My Last Resort" to name just a few... and then you meet their music friends and so on and so on and so on... .... anyway.. sometimes it comes back Full Circle to people you already know.... its really neat actually..


Anyway... lately I've been following kijiji... and I love it!!! Its where I found a wicked deal on my new/old DX7, got season 1 of Deadwood for 20 bucks... Met a really cool fellow keyboard player from Ireland who just moved to Halifax and is giging with another friend of mine, and more recently, I met Glendon MacBurnie and I traded some good gear I had, but wasn't using, for some really cool stuff that I will actually put to use!!

Got me a pedal kit for my keyboard and a processor for recording Bass!!! and I'm really pumped about that.. but He's big into Childrens music, and while I was hesitant at first... after checking out his site, and talking to the guy in person.. and thinking about it... I thought "What a great way to Share the joy of music with my daughter!!!" and as luck should have it.. he doesn't have a keyboard player...

Funny how that works!

I think one of the coolest things I love about music, is I didnt even play any tonight... we just talked about it as we worked out the gear-swap... and it gives me such a rush that I could stay up all nite now reading, writing, playing, or whatever..... But... while my mind is racing.. my body, (especially the ol' back) is telling me to pack it in...

so its good nite... but if I can make a recomendation to any of my 3 or 5 irregular readers who are music appreciators... In embedding the links for this post, i was reminded of what great talent all of these folks are... in particular... I'm listening now to Brad Davidges version of Danny Boy, I highly recommend you try it... and even better.. order his CD... ... its soo good that I swear that every time I hear it, I'm just left awed and inspired.....

I do feel blessed with family and friends, and to have music as such a great hobby... So I have no right to complain at all... but, as I get sidetracked here listening to this tune, its THIS kind of music and talent that makes me day dream of a life where thats all I did was music.... and/or things related to music...

aaah.... oh well... back to reality byes...


nite for now...

R...

ps... extra points if you can tell me the band in the pic and WHERE it was taken..

ps... LOTS of cool links in this post... fish around... theres more then you think... and you may find some cool new music you'd like!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home