Thursday, November 08, 2007

Miscellaneous Paraphernalia




Well, its no secret that room over our garage was a big selling feature for me… insofar as its potential as a Jam space.. Oddly enuff, however, in 5+ month, the first Jam was last nite…

It was a little “loosey-goosey”, but shows promise… Some of the guys in the band brought extra gear, and with all the xtra people and stuff, it was a little crowded, but I stayed up after everyone left and re-organized everything to make better use of the space I have… I had to sacrifice on of my keyboards, but its one I rarely use… kind of a “niche” sound anyway, and I just downloaded patch for my new board that emulates it anyway, so no biggie… On the upside, Much more room for people, amps, and all the other Miscellaneous Paraphernalia

It was also a good test of my whole "sound won't carry" theory...

As it turns out..that was reasonably accurate... From the upstairs part of the house where the bedrooms are, you can hear "some" but its no more noticeable then a muffled radio, and certainly low enuf not to keep anyone awake.. which is good..especiallu considering the volume we play at… but, that said, It does, apparently, make watching tv on the main floor somewhat of a futile effort... So I may, eventually try to put a door at the top of the stairs to muffle it, somewhat.... but no big panic... We’ll just have to schedule practice for nite that Trena’s fav shows are not on… (that or get a DVR for the bedroom…. Hmmmm now that’s an idea?)

Anyway… I’m feeling pretty good about the potential of this group… And Im not thinking “commercial” potential, cripes.. with 6 people in the band where too crowded to make any money, but then that’s not the point…. What has me excited is the potential TUNES we can cover, and Fun we can have doing them….

In other news…More Coincidences.. Two of the 3 Steve’s… live two houses from each other and had never met until last nite… and other neat coincidence… that John Mulane gig I mentioned Im doing on the 23rd? Guess who’s also playing drums for that?

Yep..
Our drummer…

Funny how that works…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home