Monday, November 05, 2007

Early to Rise…

Its amazing how much smoother things can go when you get up even just a half hour earlier… It’s not often an easy transition, having kids, some changes come easy… out of sheer necessity, but others take a long long time… Especially if you have a firmly established habit to break..

Anyway.. We both (My significant other and I) got up between 40 -70 minutes earlier then normal today.. and while I certainly wasn’t early, I was fashionably on TIME. With some to spare,… but the best part is that the morning went smooth as silk, with no stress, no tears (from me or my daughter) and time enuf to grab a tims after dropping her off at the day care….

As simple as that sounds, it really made my day.. couldn’t ask for a better kick start to the week….

In other news, the power outage that affected most of HRM caused us to postpone a full rehersal, but a couple of the guys did come over just to hang out and jam just for fun… Well, its all fun, but you know what I mean…. Steve (Furey) even jammed out some stuff for my original tune I’ve been working on.. Not that I’ve written a lot, but When you write a song, your very much invested in it.. Sharing it can be difficult, and allowing others to put their “stamp”on it can be even more so… but it can also be a beautiful thing…

Anyway… Steve had never heard this tune b4, and doesn’t have the “bias” that I do, insofar as what I “hear” in my own head when I envision the finished product, So I just let him jam along with it… to see where it took him… and I got to say.. It’s a different approach then I was thinking, and I LIKE it!!!!!! A LOT

funny how that works.

I was also very envious of Steve’s Guitar…Partially of the guitar itself, but also of the prerequisite talent/skill and discipline it takes to be able to play it… It’s a special Strat with “Scalloped” frets…. Not a guitar the average Joe can play… I’d imagine that just going to a music store and asking to see one like that would pretty much immediately earn the respect of whatever salesperson you’d be waited on by, as they’d know that to be wanting a guitar like that, you’re in a whole different league of ability then the average weekend warrior.. very neat indeed!!

Anyway… IM even more enthused then ever about the potential of this new band.. I could care less of about any commercial success, but I’m increasingly confident that were gonna have a lot of fun… which is what its all about in the first place..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home