Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Not a bad place at all...

well.. some good news... My ear finally "popped" not the 100% Eureka moment I was hoping for, but I'd estimate it back at a solid 65-70% compared to the total might as well been wearing earplugs sensation up until lunch today... so that makes me really happy.... Progress....


Even better news, I Finally got my mark from my last exam... 74%! not too shabby if I do say so myself... It wasn't necessarily the hardest, but it was paramount that I pass it, as its a condition of employment... so Whew!!!


While I was a little groggy in the am... getting my mark, and being able to hear again put a little zing back in my step after lunch... Plus.. I got lucky at a local used music Store.... Nothing major... .. But a long long time ago, I'd sold a little effect unit... then regretted selling it after the fact... Well, they had one just like it for real cheap, so I had to pick it up... and that made me real happy.... I was gonna go get a cab or a buss and check out Long & McQuade, but the more I think about, the more I'll not... I'm a bigger fan of the little guy... and the music retail biz has gotten very political.. the big guys get bigger, the small guys get smaller as they get squezed out... the big guys get big by discounting, selling at low margins... then when they own the market... they go back to normal margins.. No deals... nothing I'd call a deal anyway... and I just find it disgusting... So while I've not necessarily "boy-cotted" them, I'm not a big fan anymore... so I think I'll just watch a movie and eat some cereal....


after the work sessions today everyone was pairing up in little groups to hit the town.... some to eat, some to shop, some to drink or dance... some all the above Im sure... I dont want to be anti social at all, and probably should at least some of that... but, well.. I wanted to catched that music store b4 they closed at 6, and while I feel TONS better then I did, I still dont feel 100% and the last thing i need right now is alcohol....


But i walked back from the store, instead of cabbing it... got a better sense of the pulse of the place, and I must say.. Its not that far a stretch from Halifax... A little more French, but its ok... I think Its a place I could make friends and enjoy living in, if I had to... but given a choice, I'd still prefer my home!


Speaking of home... damnit.. now im homesick again.. Missing my girls.. An old friend is looking for a new job... current one has her traveling tooo much... and I can relate.. I dont do too much traveling, but I sure do miss the family when I am gone..
arg... I should have went out and done something with someone from work... ah.. oh well.. I'll get to bed early and with anyluck, nip this cold once and for all.... gonna be busy at work with work once I get back.. So I should soak up this downtime while I can...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home