Friday, November 02, 2007

Whats in a name, anyway!

Could this hook?

Well, at the time, I thought “Bongwater” would be a great name for a rock band, and when that didn’t work out, I thought at least a good name for a Studio….

But, I must concede, that given the naturally tendancy for one to question the names origin and/or intent (i.e. the possible negative connotation) that some people might not choose to hire a studio with such a name… So while I’m not going to abandon it, I may change its use, and about a month ago I started “stillwaterstudios.ca” with the intent to migrate Bongwatermusic.com to that site…

Yep!.. While I still have that “rebellious” intent, Stillwater is likely more “sellable” to the masses, less politically incorrect, and still a cool and relevant name… Its where I live, and also the name of one of my favorite fictitious bands (from the movie “Almost Famous” (and the coincidences continue)

So I registered “Stillwaterstudios.ca"

Theres nothing there yet, but I own it…

And wouldn’t you know it… Now someone wants to buy it…

Well, as they say.. Once bitten, twice shy…While I got all excited last time this happened, when that dude wanted to by almostfamous.ca, I learned the hard way not to get too excited…

But would I sell it? HELL YEAH…

But I aint cheap.. I have many wants and needs.. A new camera for filming the documentary… an Uber recording/pa board… and a PA would be nice also.. so we’ll see where this guy is, price wise…

Wish me luck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home