Tuesday, July 25, 2006

"Almost Famous" update



Well, nothing "material" to report just yet... but there are faint signs of progress..

I'd like to think I'm reasonably close to my first interview... I can't say with whom just yet, but I can say that I hope (if granted some of their time) it will be an "A-List" musician who actually was and still IS FAMOUS....

This would be awesome on three fronts..

1st, well the dudes famous.. being able to attach their name to the project would lend it an incredible amount of credibility...

2nd... In addition to having an interesting story on his own career in music, this person has in depth knowledge of several "Almost Famous" acts... and

3rd I think it would be just really freaking cool to meet this guy in person...

Anyway.. I wont jinx it by spilling the name just yet... and, to be honest, all I've got so far is an email reply with a definate "maybe" but its a start...

My only hope is that I don't offend them by asking more questions about the "Almost Famous" group, then their own career.... But in my defense.... thats the whole point of this project...

Not that the currently Famous don't deserve their own documentary.... as they most certainly do... but to a large extent... thats been done... We've all scene MTV "Behind the Music" and/or the PBS Biographies and/or our regional equivilants... regardless... they are already famous... BUT, have you ever seen a documentary.. (opps) I mean ROCK-U-Mentary on a band that was "Almost Famous" but never made it??? While I could be wrong (and Hope I'm not) I sincerely dont think so.... otherwise, there goes my point... and my idea... ha ha ha....

But as obscure as it sounds... I think people would watch it...

Just yesterday I caught part of an interview on CBC radio with Randy Bachman (BTO) and Tal Bachman (Wallflowers) and While I can't remember the dudes name... Randy talked about some "dude" who taught him how to play guitar back in the day....

Now.... we all know who Randy Bachman is.. and if not.. slap yourself.. you need it...

And you should also Know Tal....

But I bet few people know about this other "dude" who taught Randy a great deal on guitar, including some "Jazz" prgressions which Randy credited to giving him the basis that lead to him being able to write "She's come undone" (If you think about it, and/or dig out the song and play it, you'll get the Jazz connection--- also.. If I've misquoted Mr. Bachman, my appologies.. I never caught the entire intrview, just pieces of it so please don't sue me)

Anyway... my point... While fans are fans... Musicians are also fans... and a great number of relatively unknown and/or unsigned talent out there, I think, is , at the very least, deserving of a listen.....

Well.. now its late (12:47am) and Im dead tired... and I've yet to put the garbage out..... So tired in fact I've drifted from my point... ... point.. oh yeah.. PROGRESSS. opps.. ok.. back on track now...

An old friend with absolutley (and I'm quoting him) no music talent whatsoever, other then playing a mean stereo, but who also happens to have a PHD in some form of "Computer/programing" field (aka, the dudes a computer/website guru) who is a fellow Music "fanatic" with notable busines skills also.... thinks I might have a good idea here and is open to help me get started...

My Philosophy..... I'd rather have a share of something, then 100% of nothing... so Im grateful for the help..

So if anyone else out there would like to help... Whether it be with ideas, constructive critisizms contacts, cameras, recording gear, labor, PR, or anything... even just Moral Support
email me.. at bongwatermusic@eastlink.ca

I can't promise you anything as I have ZERO budget.. but I can promise my appreciation, and that I'll give Full Credit where credit is due (aka acknowledgement/recognition for contributing")

oh... in case your wondering, that first pic up above here is a promo shot for the Movie, "Almost Famous" (which I probabkly shouldnt use as I dont have pemission) which is partially responsible for me haching this crazy idea.. well, at least the title..... the rest of the credit belongs to my dad and his band, the ducats, and to my freind, Barry Garber, suggesting that their story (the Ducats) Might make an interesting documentary... I just embellished and built on that idea to the broader concept it is so far... )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home