Saturday, July 15, 2006

Bon Jovi Concert Experience: BEST EVER


ok, I whimped out and didnt go to the Stones last year.. So I can't compare this to that...
But I have seen more then my share of concerts... and this, I have to say... TOPS THEM ALL

Yup... I've seen U2, Eagles, Celine, Cher, and even the 87 version of Pink Floyd (less Waters) and much to my surprise.... this was my Absolute favorite... hands down...

Now dont get me wrong.. IM a die hard Pink Floyd, and Eagles fan.... but, whats in my Ipod, and which gave the best concert/entertainment value.. I've learned need not be the same...

Nickleback opened for them (I'd seen them in Halifax, they are always good to hear) and some new band called Ashmore, or Asswhore (not sure, more likely the former, not the latter) was the warm up act.... All in all.... One word.... WOW!!!!!

We had a decent view.... and met some cool people to.... even some guy named Mike from Huntington who gave me a smoke...

I'll post some more pics later...
http://bongwatermusicproduction.spaces.msn.com/photos/
I even got about 40 minutes of good quality video...

I also got to speak with the dude I gave my "Almost Famous" idea to again....http://robsbongwater.blogspot.com/2006/05/almost-famous.html

We didnt get to have lunch, but we did speak at the concert..albeit very briefly..... .I guess in the bigger scheme of things.. that is his work.. events like that, and spending time with little ol' me from PAB, Newfoundland, is likely more of a polite distraction.... But it was cool to speak with him nonetheless.... The Lucky bugger even had backstage pass.... he did, however, say that he passed it on to someone he knew at VH1 but no response yet... Anyway... I thought that him thinking enough of it to do that much was quite an honor... , I can't ask for much more then that... Anyway... its like they say.... Nothing ventured, nothing gained right... But I thnk they also say "the sales process starts with the first NO" So I've not given up hope.....

Regardless, I've resolved not to bug him with it again, at least not for now... He's a good guy, has worked hard to get where he is, but I dont want to wear out my welcome.... (assuming I havent already, ha ha) but also... and more realisticaly, I have'nt really done anything yet... Its just an idea so far.... So I've resolved to "Just Do It"

aka, I'm gonna stop "talking about it" and just go ahead and start filming some and start building this thing on my own with a camcorder and my computer....

So If anyone wants to help out.. Please let me know... I can sure use it... Aside from that.. I'm not gonna talk about it anymore... I'm just gonna put my head down and work at it.... At the very least, a good hobby.... but from there.. who knows....

so, no more chit chat from me about this for now... But once I've an actually product to show... THEN I'll start pushing it around to see what happens... Wish my luck...

Anyway.. its 2:47 am.. Im dead tired, and have to party to New Brunswick tomorrow.. the last bash of this Vacation.. so I better get some sleep...

Cheers for now all...

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home