Saturday, October 14, 2006

631

thats exactly the number of kilometers my 2002 dodge Grand Caravan can go on one Full tank of gas before it stops, shuts down, out of gas, dry as a Popcorn Fart....

How do I know that? well, there was a time when we were kids... 16,17, 18 years old... Your driving with your buddies, so excited just to be driving that you purposely run drive till you run out of gas, not knowing exactly how long that would be... just to see how long it really would take to run out.... But... ALSO, to see where you might be when it happened... what street, what town... and what party you could Start, find, or crash when you got there.....

Those were great times... Some of the best memories I was to drunk to remember....

This recent knowledge, however, of the 631..... was NOT... one of these times....

In an act of sheer stupidity, I allowed the van to run out of gas... part way between the bedford and kerney lake road exits, about an inch off the pavement, with rush hour trafdic speeding by so fast that the van SHOOK as if a dinasour was walking next to me with a dinasore sized Boom Box blasting led zeplin through mamoth sub-woofers...

Ok, maybe I'm embellishing just a little bit... But the point is...
thats the same side my gas cap is... and pouring that in with cars and trucks speeding by me, is not an experience I'd soon like to repeat...

oh well.. Live and learn....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home