Thursday, November 09, 2006

Rob Meets ELWOOD!!!










Dan's all over halifax this week....



























I got these pics and autographs at the NSLC in Bayers lake....

as luck should have it... I seem to miss out on real key opportunities which goes to show... maybe I should take more chances in life...

I won't re-hash the past, with "could have been" stories... they'd just break my heart about a music career that never was... But... I realistically and sincerely could have been jamming with Dan tonight..... at the Seahorse

How??? you may ask...

Well, some time ago, as many of you know.. I used to go to the Seahorse to Jam with the Horsepower Blues band... I may look like a banker, but I CAN ROCK....

anyway.. those guys are INSPIRING to play with.. and it was just a dream to finally be able to play that kind of music... Alman Bros, Albert Collins, Charlie Musclewhite, Etc.... Anyway.. they offered me to play EVERY thursday and then some.. BUT... I have to work Friday mornings... and I'd have been playing for free... and while Im not in it for the money, I do have an ego... Even if I had made 20 bucks a nite... I'd might have been able to justify the late nite... but for what seemed like logical reasons at the time... I opted not to be a regular.. and the rest, as they say, is history..

they've since got a new front man, and have a couple of organ players that fill in from time to time. and While I've been back a few times and sat in a song or two on the bass, and he keys.. I've largely been absent..

anyway... Hindsight is a kick in the ass...


Dan's gonna jam with them tonight.. and I'm here.. packing for my trip to Montreal.. and typing in my BLOG.... oh well...

such is life... I did get my pic and autograph, so I can't really complain too much can i... yes... yes i can.. A jam would have been sooooo much better...

I mean its ELWOOD F__KING BLUES of the BLUES BROTHERS.. this is the Movie that turned me on to Blues, got me researching Donald Dunn, Matt Murphy, Steve Cropper, Re-introduced me to Booker T (my dad was always a fan of Booker T and the MG's, they used to cover Time is Tight also)

But oh well... Such is life..

so to J.P., Doug, and Dwight... Congrats.. You are an awesome band.. great guys.. and I hope you have fun tonight.. You've certainly worked hard at building thursdays at the seahorse. I wish you all the best of success at it!!!!

PS... thanks to Scott Chev for the idea of taking my Harmonica in to get signed... he signed it twice, once as Dan, once as Elwood... TOOOO COOL!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Matty said...

I am so jealous. that's awesome!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, thats awesome... At least you got to meet him!!!!

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff, Rob!

Gordon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home