Thursday, November 23, 2006

Taking it on the Road...

Well, its been about 6 years since I've gotten back into music... 4 years with some semi-seriousness to it.. and the last year with a passion you might say... But man.. its some fun..

With any luck my cable snake will be here in a week or two... and I got a couple of nice studio projects (other peoples studios) where I'll be playing on their recordings at other, more equiped studios... Which is great on several fronts.. first, I'll get some exposure as a session player on both Keys and bass, but secondly, I hope to learn some "tricks of the trade" from engineers who actually know what their doing!!!!

in the meantime though, I'm still working on my own projects...

This Saturday I'll be taking my board to record a live band... I'm not playing in the band.. just doing the recording..

Gil came up tonight with the Live Board his band uses, to see if we could tap into their mix, with separate channels into my board, with out interfering with their sound.. and the answer is yes!!! No splitters required!!! So I'm gonna record them Live, this saturday nite!!! should be a fun project!

I'm doing it for free... But they are great friends, and its tgood practice for me.. Plus... I just Love playing with this stuff... so any excuse to do anything remotely musical is ok with me..


Pic: Gilroy Billard of Da Rock

So it will be a good test run.. I hope to do my own mix, on the board, but then also upload to CUBASE so they can do their own version at their leisure..

I'm also gonna try somethign new, using a tube pre-amp on the vocals and acoustic guitar to see if it adds warmth/depth...






















In the meantime, the home studio is Slowly coming together... piece by piece.. (PICS above.. I've moved the studio to a smaller room then before, and we hope to use the room it was in as a guest room for now, Jsut makes more sense... and still have more then enough space)

Now If I could just talk "Cheech" (friend and former band-mate of Waynes who's a F__king whiz at this stuff)to come to halifax for a weekend to give me some Cubase pointers I'll be all set!!!

Cheers for now..

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home