Monday, September 18, 2006

it just keeps Getting Better....

No Buyers Remorse here... man, I gotta say.. I truly think this unit is the best bang for the buck, hands down...


Korg D3200

Up until about a week before I got the Korg, I was pretty much Certain that I was going for the Tascam FW-1884 (click the name if you want a link to more info about it) Now Im sure its still a tried and tested unit... I'm sure its a good machine, But I can't imagine being any happier then I am with the Korg And While I can upload to PC if I need to, but the best part is that I may not ever really need to...

Its far more powerful then I thought it would be.. 12 tracks of simultaneous audio recording out of the box, (14 for me with my presonus hooked up to it) PLUS midiAnd 32 total Mix Down tracks, plus Virtual tracks which gives you over 100 tracks to play with, you just pick and/or boucne down to 32 for the final mix, and an internal Drum Kit with loads to cool preset paterns and loops...

it doesn't have motorized faders, but you can record scenes, and Automation (including Pans, and eq changes) and you can select how the board reacts when you ride the fardes (i.e Jump vs. Match) and more... if you ever need to free up harddrive space, but arnt finished with a particular project You can make a full Back up of a project on CD that includes your EQ settings, Automation, and effects... OR you can Upload to Cakewalk, Cubase, Protools, whatever... I'm just in Awe!!! the more I play with this thing the more I LOVE IT>>

I researched this to death, Bugged all the salespoeple with my questions, comparing all the models..

Theres some good stuff out there... Don't get me wrong... Yamaha's AW2400 is pretty Kick Arse too As are the More expensive versions of the Korg...But thats the key... they are significantly more expensive.. The tascam 2488 is cool, as are the Rolands that can connect to the PC Monitors...But most of those can only record 8 tracks as is, you need to invest in Expansion Cards to get it up any higher... And while some of that more expensive gear does have certain features this machine doesn't, most of what I'm missing is really just Bells and Whistles.. I'd have to go on record as saying that excluding something new that may come out next year, this Unit is hands down, the best bang for the buck...

I still may get a Computer interface later.. but I've since learned there are some pretty Cool and inexpensive options out there... Like these guys..

"Phonic"
http://210.243.85.5/partner/modules/product_explor/products.php

If I'm ever lucky enough to get a Full PA, this unit here costs about the same as Most PA Mixers, but can double as PC Firewire interface.....

Toooo Cool!!!!

But in the bigger scheme of things... Not something I need at all at the moment, and by the time I'm ready for this... Either this stuff will get even cheaper, and/or there'll be something newer/better for same price...

Gotta love inovation!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home