Sunday, September 17, 2006

Cool Jam with Full Circle

its cool how time flies when your having fun...

I had my first jam with "Full Circle" today.. Not on keys, but on the Bass guitar..
I've always wanted to play bass, but given that keyboardist are a little harder to find, I was always on the keys.. I've sat in for a tune or to on the bass here an there with various bands, and a bunch of house parties, .. but never been in a group as "the bass player" And I gotta say.. its a lot of fun..

Learning some new tunes, even relearning stuff I formally played keys on, but now playing the bass, on many tunes you hear a completely different side of the same song..

take "No Sugar tonight" for example... how the drummer comes back after the bridge, plays the same tempo, but with a different feel, and the bass changes to match it... anyway.. I'm rambling, but thats what music does to me...

its like a shot of adrenaline and a Melow Buzz all at once...

Anyways.. the Day job and parenthood keeps me too busy to "tour", and I still hope to get the "StillBite" project up and running some time this year... so its not gonna be a Full time gig, but these folks are great musicians, and fun to hang with, so I could definatly see it being a permanent part time gig for me(assuming they keep me around, that is)

As I listened to them recall days past, when the band was bigger, and touring... Man, they've been "In the thick of it" as they say.... I think they'd be an Excellent group to profile in the "Almost Famous" project... I haven't asked them yet, actually can't believe I never thought of it sooner... But I have a hunch they'd love to help!

Anyways, it 10:30... Dishes are done, Floors cleaned, laundry's folded, Sarah's alseep... Gears unloaded and put back where it goes... And as I unpacked the bass and hung it up again I would have LOVED to pluged it in and jammed some more... (As if the 5 hours today was just a primer) but its late, I Have to golf tomorrow..

ok, ok.. I'm not looking for sympathy... but truth is... I really dont like Golf..
I play when I have to (Work golf) but when it comes right down to it.. I just don't enjoy the game... I'd sooner paddle a kayak, or read a book... or, of course, play some music.. But oh well.. could be worst things to be doing on a Monday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home