Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Everybody Wants Some



I want some too....



Ok... I'm offically PULLING my hair out...




While I enjoyed Elton, U2 and the Stones, just as an example, I'd Crawl over all of them to hear VAN HALEN/ROTH live...



With no disrespect intend to Sammy Hagar (he's good all on his own), but Van Hagar just didnt have the same effect/influence on me as Van Halen...


I grew into Pink Floyd and the Eagles, Liked KISS when I was younger (probably because my 1st album, Rock and Roll over, came with a Sticker I put on my lunch box) but VH were my first real rock HERO's the music just Grabbed me... and it was the first band for whom I saved up and bought EVERY SINGLE ALBUM....




I'd always aspired to see them live someday, but the combination of them with Roth again I'd never thought possible.... So needless to say, that I was sooooo excited when they anounced the reunion and tour..




If they'd had a Montreal Gig in the summer of 2008.. I'd have been able to save up enough by then to go...




But no... its this coming Oct 7 and 12 on Toronto... and with everything we've got on our plate this summer/fall... its just not an option...




Sometimes reality is just a kick in the nutz...




Real kicker? I'll be in Montreal Oct 10 and 11 so close but yet soo far...




WHY, Eddie... WHY couldnt you be in MONTREAL on one of those days....




but then who am I to expect them arrange their tour around my schedule and/or budget...




Oh well..




I'll buy the DVD, and maybe on the 7th, I'll get my old VH albums out, a bottle of rum, and have a little cry as I relive some of my favorite tunes....
on the upside... maybe they'll tour again, when I am able to go... and maybe, just maybe... if David and Eddie can reconcile, theirs also hope yet for Roger and David (Waters/Gilmour that is for those of you who didn't get that)

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Manly Helpings said...

Tue Oct.30 Boston, MA TD Banknorth Garden ON SALE 8.25 10 AM

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Missing the point paully...

just cant afford it right now.. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home