Monday, August 20, 2007

How much is enough, and at what cost.....

Since the car accident, life's certainly been different... Lots of changes...

I was just recently reminded how much things have changed tonight...

My father--in-law is coming up tomorrow to lay hardwood... A job I'd normally help with... But not anymore... As much as I try, there are just certain things I can't, or at least, shouldnt do anymore... Technically speaking, I can do anything I want... it just comes at great cost (aka pain) later on...

so tonight,
- moving furniture.... hmmm, not great, but did ok...
-Rolling back carpet... little toughter, (all the bending) but ok.
-Pulling up underlay... Not so bad... easier to tug on at least..
-bending over to hook/pull out all the staples.... NO GO..

I think it was the bending/posture required, but I got imediate spasms and shots of pain.. just wasnt' gonna happen..

But, shit's gotta get done.. So I change gears.. Lugg the wood from the van to the house, pop to tylenol 3's (Im out of the other "really" good stuff) and hit the couch with the icepack...

Still lots left to be done.. Remove staples and that strip of nail stuff on the edge... roll carpet and move to basement (cant chuck it, its gonna be evidence) and Trena's probably a little dissapointed I can't do more.. But I do what I can... then hit the ice pack... and its been that way for about 2 years now..

oh well..

So... "Sorry Richard" that I couldn't get more of the pre-work done, but I'm all out.. and I have Chiro tomorrow at 7:30am... so oh well.. but thanks for doing it all the same..



In other news...
Scored a WICKED deal on a Vintage Synth today...

F--kers 20 years old plus, but not often you come buy them... They've gone for as much as 400 on EBAY, and I got mine for 80bucks!!! I'll never sell it.. its here now.. and With this and my Juno-106, there not much 80's stuf I can't cover!


In "other-other news" I'm going to court..

In short.. we buy house... We inspect house... We move into house..
We think the hosue is messy, lots of soot on the walls, carpets.. but chalked it up to maybe they were just not clean people... We were dissappointed, but they were fairly reigid early on over a well cap, so we figure let sleeping dogs lie, we move in.. we scrub walls..

Then.. in the process of getting ready to do our roof, we discover this..


In between inspecting house, and moving owner, we believe that we can prove that the previous owners had a Chimney Fire...

this would better explain the state of the house when we moved in.. It was NOT in this condition at inspection, as the cleanouts were all good at that time, and as a matter of fact, there was a fire in the oven...

Our WETT certified guy said that had we NOT known this, and used that stove as it was... We'd have likely burnt the place down and/or died of smoke inhalation at least... Crazy..

Long story short, acting through a lawyer, we got the P.F.O. letter today.. there defence? ... that they had no idea, and its buyer beware... (I'm paraphrasing of course)

Well, I asked the pros... and while, in theorey, it is "Possible" to have had such a fire and not know it, its unlikely, and even less likely, given SMOKE coming BACK in to the house getting picked up and disctributed by the hot air furnace that a reasonable person should have known something was not right...

Anyway.. Not gonna tip my whole hand here.. Suffice to say, I have more evidence, and Im almost done the documents, were going to sue... and I'll let you know what happens..

In the meantime, if you have any cause to have any business deallings with Joe and/or Barb Seiler, well... nothings been proven in court yet, so I'll just say "caveat emptor" and leave it at that...


in OTHER other news... Past my first exam (work stuff) I got a 73%!!! Not bad since I'd left out a good 10% of the questions (took too long)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home