Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Gotta love technology...

20 years ago, if i was trying to learn a really hard tune, I had to take my dads tape deck apart, stick
a small screwdriver into the the motor, and with counter clockwise turn, I could slow down the song i wanted to learn....

Sure.. it was work, but for those difficult riffs, it was essential... only problem, other then the obvious work it took, was the fact that the pitch dropped, and you had to de-tune to keep up...

Enter the Tascam trainers....

You can slow the music down... keep the same pitch. or keep speed, and change pitch...
and more...

Jesh.. youd think I sold the stuff....

Actually.. years ago.. I kind of did back in the day when I was peddling CD Holders and some other stuff..!!! although this product wasn't around then...


anyway, How they do it, is beyond me... but it works... and its awesome...

as to be expected, there is some slight distortion at lower the lower the speed, but I'd say its marginal, and not nearly enough to be a deterant to purchasing one of these...
anyway, I highly recommend it, my only complaint is that I have to wait till xmas to use it...

Yeah... its gonnna be a Xmas present, so fair is fair....
It arrived today, so after a very quick test to make sure it worked, I had to pack it all back up and give it to "Santa" to hold until next month...

I got it off Ebay... I've actually had Great luck on ebay (and kijiji) ...
this was a new unit, from an ebay Store.... And what a deal... With the Exchange now, even after shipping, Import Tarriff and Handling fee, it was still GOBBS cheaper then the local Big Box Music store and any Canadian Site I could find...

Im tempted to open er up again and jam a little bit tonight.. but that wouldn't be right... Its bad enuff I know everything IM gonna get for xmas... But thats just the way it goes sometimes.. Im easy to shop for, but hard to surprise... Still, that doesnt stop Trena for pulling a rabbit our of here arse on occasion.... But still really excited about this Xmas... our Daughters at that age where its soooooo much fun, and my brother's gonna be here to spend it with us too... AND its the 1st Xmas in the new place... and at this rate, we just might have the bulk of our reno done by then...

One can only hope I guess...

Nite all..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home