Monday, May 21, 2007

Retreat and Recharge


Im ashamed to say I dont spend as much time sith my friends as I think I should.. and there are some good ones I hardly see at all.. but I guess such is life, being a working parent, nowadays... etc...

Life's hard work... but Everynow and then ya need to stop and smell the roses... Um, un second thought thats a bad analogy cause no one smelled like roses on this trip!! ha ha...

anyway.. this weekend, a Bunch of my Closest and oldest friends, and a couple of new ones, all got together and rented a cottage on a lake in NB and Drank Like we did in College to catch up, and have fun.

We Played Cards, Ate like Kings, talked, and even did some jamming and did some SERIOUS OFF-Roading in a Luxury SUV!!! (and Were talking some Rally worth MudFlinging here! this pic of the MUD on the truck is AFTER the rain had washed most of it off)

We partied for 2 days straight! Just the guys... and It was awesome!

We always take guitars.. but this time, the rain forced the guys to abaondon any hopes of Golf, so we loaded up our music gear instead...

thats fine by me, I hate golf anyway, but it got me to thinking... While we did some good jamming, we didnt do nearly as much as I would of liked... (bear in mind I am a music Addict) but my thought (and I do have one) is this...

What if you got a bunch of musicians together... Musicians only, and maybe a few die hard music lovers and did the same thing.. but the entire weekend was about Drinking, eating, and MUSIC... jamming, writting, and recording!!!! No poker, No Hockey, No golf... Just Music... None stop... Like the Festival train

I think it'd be a freaking blast.. you'd have to have all the gear, drums, bass, pa, recording gear etc... but it'd be some freaking time I'm sure...

Anyway... thats my idea... any takers???

that said, ok... I know that I've been lax in my blogging lately, but its not for lack of potential content, its just a plain and simple lack of time... Which is ok by me, cause I'm having a lot of fun at least, and getting a lot of Stuff done thats been needind to get done for a while..

its been a long couple of months, with some hic-ups and stress, as I've already said, but things seem to find their own level in the end....

I'd like to think that Maybe its good karma finaly coming back to me.. In anyevent, Im so happy right now with how things have worked out that I feel like I should be touching wood or something like that, I'm just a F--king picture of Contentment and its a wonderful thing... Life is good... and as much fun as this weekend was, and it WAS a lot of Fun, in he middle of all thattestosterone stuff, last nite, about 2 am, I'm getting ready to sleep, and Im scanning through the pics on the digi cam, and there's one on the cam I'd taken of my daughter before I left that I'd forgotten was there.. , and those eyes and her smile just make me homesick for her and Trena, but in a good way... and as corny as it sounds, it made me appreciate them, the trip, and life in general, all that much more...

Anyway, we've got Some hard work ahead of us, but its all worth it! but that being said, that reminds me.

I think I'm up to like 7 or 8 regular readers now?? lol... so to you folks, just accept my appology in advance, as there were likely be a Decrease in frequencey and depth of content in the months to come... But thats a good thing, trust me.. and I hope it will be worth it in the end...

the New Job's gonna keep me preoccupied, as will some courses i'll have to take..
the new house, of course, the move, the reno stuff, unpacking, always hectic...
then, and dont forget, the documentary... Im still determined to keep that going, and I've not talked about it a while... Just playing my hand close to my chest there, but hope to get some REAL work done there soon, not just Blogging about what i'd "like" to do..... and also, Will be increasingly busy with Full Circle, what with the album coming out later this summer... and more...

anyway... Gonna flip over to facebook now, and see whats happening there..

Yep, I'm a member of the newesr fad, but I gotta admit. I like it.. its pretty freaking cool!!
as an enticement, I'll post some more pics of the weekend up there...

You'll have to find me there to see them..

Cheers for now..

Rob

2 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast!!Just a note on the "kinda like festival train idea"..Count me in frikin big time..As I sit home today, my sorry ass is suffering from Strep-throat..Just picked up anti-B's, no sleep last night, I have a gig to play in Truro on Friday...what #%#*& next..needless to say, life is good anyways..You should float a few dates out and see if there are any takers..
Cheers,
Steve McD

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thing Rob, On the Documentory, You mentioned the CBC in past blogs, I would like to chat about a show from the early 70's called Olands saturday Night. Some incredable musicians played on it..including Melvin Aucoin, Joe Way Senior to mention a few. My dad, Albert McDonald was a headliner on it. Winnie Chafe, Stompin Tom were also on it. We'll Chat when things cool down.
Cheers, Steve McD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home