Monday, August 27, 2007

Is facebook Evil???

we've had this debate several times amongst our friends..... I think I lost..

personally, I can see both sides... I mean it is kind of cool... its a neat way to connect with people you aint connected with for a long time, but on the flip side... maybe some of those connections are best left severed. .. lol

but seriously... it also can be a substitute for real contact? or at the very least... more fluff, less content..

Im torned between the "hey this is cool" as I post pics and Whats up.... but then I feel somewhat overexposed and toy with the idea of getting out of it alltogether.... I am, afterall, a mostly private person.. and Facebook is, but its very nature, exhibitionistic (not sure if thats word so cut me some slack, its late.. im sleepy)

I mean, who really needs to know that "Rob is __________" sometimes I make shit up.. but that little change of status gets broadcasted to all my "friends" as if they really give a shit what chapter of Harry Potter I'm on...

I think I'm gonna phase out of the facebook world... and come back to blogging... given that you got to seek it out deliberately to read this, and its not "broadcasted" at the very least I'll know Im not being intrusive...

besides, all those "pokes" have left me feeling dirty...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home