Wednesday, May 14, 2008

ECMA Adventure

ok, so I kind of won an ECMA... but not really....thats my arm, left hand side... and part of my head.

As you might now if you've read about my documentary idea, my dad was in a band called the Ducats back in the 60's... and I have been the "official" keyboardist for them since around 1988... So THEY got the award... and by association, I was included on the list of members..

Now, Lew and my dad would argue I'm just as entitled, through my efforts to keep the story alive.. the web site, the research, and, well.. I did bug the ECMA folks last year about getting some form of recognition for these folks... So While I can't take credit for any of that... they (dad and Lew) figure it certainly didn't hurt at all... so whatchagonna do..

So, that said.. and all modesty aside for just a second... IT was Really F--king cooL!!!! I made some new friends: Mike Bravener, of Mike Caddillac and the Rockin 88's and also Matchstick Mike and the Chainsmoking altar boys...

I also got to be part of the "Circus"... rubbing elbows with Jimmie Rankin, Bruce Guthro, Lennie Gallant, and more....

Now, I'm sure they didn't go home and Blog about meeting Rob Crewe, if
they remember me at all, but it was cool to not only meet these folks... But having met many of them before, it was kind of cool that they "remembered" that "Song writing banker guy"


I posted all the pics on my facebook profile... I may put a few more here later, but for now... I'll just say it was one helluva weekend..

For 3 fun filled days I got to live in a bit of a bubble... and pretend I was a rock star.. (albeit on a minor scale)

I got lots of good feedback on the documentary idea, made some new friends... but at the end of the weekend, I got to come home and back to the real world...

Anyway... who knows. Maybe someday i'll get to go back on my own merits.. But regardless, I'm grateful for the experience...

until then, I'll keep plugging away at it.. My band, the studio, and the documentary... and who knows what will happen.. sure is fun though...

More to follow..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home