Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Bitch is Back!

Ok... I couldnt stay away...

It wasn't peer pressure, I think most of my peers were privately glad as they no longer felt "obligated" to read this.. HA! just kidding.. but in all sincerity, a few were upset when I pulled the plug last November...

So to Mark, Glenna, Gord, Mike and Chris.... "I'm Back!"



After a 6 month break... I'm back... I'm really not sure what kind of audience this had before... I mean, I know there were a few regular devoted readers (mostly shut ins and other weirdos with too much time on their hands, and nothing better on TV - HA!) but beyond that, I'm really not too sure... But the end of the day I don't care... I mean I dont get paid for this shit... So I just do it for fun... or maybe its therapy... A meager outlet for the creative side of someone "stuck" in a "non-creative" somewhat "Conformative" day job... Its better then talking to myself I guess.. (and people don't point at you as much)

Anyway... one of the frustrating parts of writing this before, and even more so now perhaps.. is that to a certain extent, I have to adhere to some form of self censorship... Unfortunately I'm not in a position where I can say "to hell with consequences" I do have a day job some might call a career, and inspite of my part time efforts and private aspirations, it is NOT music... BUT, it pays the mortgage, groceries and keeps the wolf away from the door, so in respect of that (aka: not wanted to get fired) I have to mind my manners, avoid work any and all work related comments and/or references... and keep this relatively upbeat an positive... Which is unfortunate.. cause I can get a real good spite going, at times, and have drafted some pretty hillarious rants, bitches, whines, moans and general complaints... and theres also some really funny shit that's happened I'd love to share, but... um... some stuff you don't need big brother knowing about.... So in pure "self presservation" these "events" only make it to draft mode, if not deleted.. and never get "posted" But I'll conceed that the dream is to someday break free completely of the shackles of conformity, and embreace the creative side completely.... and then truly be free to type whatever comes to mind...

But I digress.. they say we creative types can easily get too lost in our "pipe dreams" and fantasies... so I'll bring er back to reality.... Besides, your not missing all that much.. just a few pieces of the puzzle.. but if you really want to know... just come hang out... and bring rum (appleton reserve) and I'll tell ya in person..



In the meantime... Just bought myself an advance birthday present.. well.. Maybe not too advance, as it may take that long to get here..


I'm a big Kevin Smith Fan... I got turned on to him by my Buddy Mark... with a loan of the original Clerks... And Now I'm hooked.... I even liked Jersry Girl.... Not his Best work, but definately not worthy of all the crap it took form the critics... I think he just got the wraith of all the Benifer Poop that was being unloaded in general at that time... but anyway... I ordered the book.. and I'm feeling a little guilty over it, as we recently put a moratorium on excess spending.. but hey... its a book.. I like to read... I'll just get the next bok at the library!

Cheers for now..


Its good to be back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home