Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Dixie Chicks were Great


We saw the 2nd of two Halifax shows, and I was thoroughly impressed.
While it doesn't compare to the Bon Jovi show we recently saw in Montreal, the Dixie Chicks certainly had a Great sound, and great show....

I don't know a lot about the bands history... but I think the two girls on each end are sisters? Regardless, very talented, multi-instrumentalists and singers... The lead singer.. well, what can I say, but man.. what a set of Pipes.. that girl can really belt it out. Great power, tone and sustain..

I'm not convinced that she was really playing the guitar on all of the songs.. I think some of them she was faking it... BUT in her defence, it was only a few songs where I would actually question it.. there were more where I am sure it was indeed really her... And either way... still a great show.. I'd go again..

I just heard they're tour is not doing so great in the U.S. Oh well, Halifax sure appreciated them.. I for one am gonna go out and buy a DVD and/or CD of them next payday.. Not that I need it (or don't already have my fav tunes downloaded) and not that my meger contribution will help, but actualy buying the CD is just my small way of supporting them now that they've won me over as a fan...

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Manly Helpings said...

First Bon Jovi....now the Dixie Chicks are spectacular....I hear John Tesh is coming to town - bet it will blow your mind!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home