Monday, September 25, 2006

Slowly Climbing Digital Audio Learning Curve



Well, I was bummed out when my Presonus couldn't talk to my Korg using ADAT.. Turns out the Korg Receives only SPDIF, but uses Optical Connections. My Presonus has SPDIF out, but it uses COAX connections. (ADAT is 8 channel, SDIF is 2) But best part is that all's I need is a COAX to SPDIF converter (about 25 bucks-ish online)

Translation.. The Presonus is NO longer for Sale, I've delisted it on Ebay (no Bids anyway) and eventually, for about 25 bucks plus postage.. I can use the Presonus to make my Korg capable of recording 14 Tracks (up from stock 12) of Simultaneous Audio (plus Midi) at a time..


What I'm equally excited about is that I actually understand what I just said... Couldn't have said that a week ago.. Yee ha!... And the even better Part.. The Presonus Comes Stock with 2 Tube Pre-Amps... So thats another 3 or 4 hundred bucks I Wont have to Shell Out!!!!

Life is good!!! (ok, I know... I'm a geek)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home