Monday, May 26, 2008

Book Envy


So I’ve been reading Kevin Smiths new book, and its surprisingly good… I mean, I expected I’d like it.. I like all the guys movies, but a book is a different genre… but anyway.. I like it… And it kind of flows the way I’d always wished this blog could… Uncomfortably Candid… I mean he writes about everything… from smoking a dube with a friend, to afternoon delight with his wife, even taking a shit for half an hour with a Nintendo DS in hand…

Not that I’ve necessarily felt compelled to be “that public” about stuff… but theres been more then a few “entries” I’ve “Saved as draft” then later deleted… Not that they wouldn’t be funny or entertaining, its just that just couldn’t be that open… My day job won’t allow it.. Nor will it, until I am “my own boss” and unfortunately, that day may not come for a long time.. if ever…

Picture this, if you will…. The Vice President of any of my former jobs, hears about this Rob Crewe guy from out in Halifax, how he’s doing a good job, or did some volunteer work that got a mention in the paper, or his band was on TV….. that’s all positive stuff… But Now imagine that he/she wants to read more about it.. and In the absence of knowing where to look… does what we all do… Turns to GOOGLE…

the First hit, is my MySpace page.. and then theres a ton of random stuff.. Some of me, some of other “Rob Crewes” but sometimes it comes right to this blog (which was part of the reason I temporarily pulled it) and now picture that same vp reading the blog… I mean the name itself, is somewhat rebilious and non business-ish.. but the content…. And that’s the CENSORED stuff… If I really spoke my mind… Not that my opinions are controversial, they tend not to be… But the “after work” Me, is a little “less artsy, more fartsy” if I can quote Homer Simpson.. Yep… while I may clean up pretty good, … I can curse like a sailor, and Im just not that refined…

Not necessarily the type of image a corporation wants as a spokesperson…

So I practice a certain degree of self censor ship, and pour that excess creative energy into the documentary, and/or songwriting… and who knows… Maybe someday something might hook… Be it a song, or the documentary or something else, and then I might really be able to let-er loose like Mr. Smith does..…

Maybe I should right a book? “Diary of a frustrated banker?” .. and do just that.. be totally honest….. hmmmmm its an awfully vain idea??? It would be fun, but it could also come at a price.. less time blogging, less time doing other shit.. risky too.. as if it ever got published, you’d really wanna hope it sold as one could find themselves involuntarily unemployed pretty quickly… unless you made it quasi fictional? Hmmmmmm ….

Me and my pipe dreams… oh well.. Its lunch time..

Gotta jet… there’s a fries and Gravy calling out to me..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home