Wednesday, July 09, 2008

MacGiver Eat your heart out

How to install a window airconditioner in a Roll out Window....

or maybe it should be.. how not to...


So it gets really fucking hot up here in the ol band room... REALLY hot... unbearable...

After the last jam on the 2nd... I was so drenched in sweat, I got approval from management (aka da wife) to get an air conditioner for the window...

Problem.... those units are designed for windows that slide up and down... not the freaking role out ones...

I took the Window out on saturday.... but the rest, I had to think on.. and tackle when I had time...
Problem to... time flies around here...

So its 4:30... the guys are due over at 7ish... and its at least 28 degrees up there... easy...

I gotta get this done..


So i grab a scrap piece of plywood, and give it a try... I'd thought the whole thing threw previously, but never sketched it out like I normally do... you know, measure twice cut once....

I get it close, but trutch be told, I have to re-cut that last f--king piece like 7 times.... (trial and error)

Anyway... with a lot of help from the guys in the band... we gott-er installed.. and while practice is long over...  its really starting to cool down now... (hey... it had to come down a long way... thats a lot of degree's to drop)

whew...

Well worth the effort..I even got to use 3 of my 4 power tools...  Yes.. I know have four... hmm actually . I've added a recip saw and wet saw to my small, but well used arsenal.... too bad my wrist hurts from all the screwing.. (the screwdriver... get your mind out of the gutter) so with that, and the calluses on my hands from moving rocks today.. but thats another story...

Im in hard shape... even got a cramp when playing bass on a tune tonight... but i dare not complain

funny thing is I should be passed out.. but band practice seems to give me soo much energy, I end up awake for hours... piddling away at stuff..

Guess I should go clean up the mess of sawdust..


later!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home