Saturday, August 19, 2006

Forgot to Mention U2! My bad...




was just reading Pauls Blog from last year, and realized I totally forgot to talk about our Road trip to see U2!

I wont go into too much detail, as Paul sums it up quite well, but it was a great time. Special thanks to Paul to for "Financing" my trip... I was a last minute addition to the trip, And it was a Bus/hotel/ticket package deal... the Price was good, but at the time i was (as we say back on the rock) 'Skimp bye'.... So Paul was good enuf to let me pay it off in installments... Rock on Paul...

Anyway.. we kicked it off with a few Pops at Pauls the nite before.. Chuck Came over.. And even though that was fun.. we did call it a nite relatively early..

the Buss Ride the next day, however.. well.. I think Rum was on Tap!!
We pretty Much drank the Whole trip... and were in Fine Form by the time we got there...

In hindsight we shoudl have taken our guitars... it would have been soooo much more fun. but we still had a blast... and there was a dude playing some james taylor type stuff. but they didnt let him play it too long..

near the end.. we were all out of gas... so a good steak, and nap.. and we were in good form for St. Catherines st...

the next day.. I actually has some work to do in Montreal.. Which in itself was a rare treat.. Can't realy say it was work.. A meating with an old friend, and some work folks.. then a steak and conversation.. A good day All in All!! ..


So the boys had the afternoons without me.. and I caugth up with them a little later on...

the Pre party was fun... but we were really just building up steam for the concert..
We had a LOT of liqour there.. which, consider the long drop from the balcony, and the short railing.. was not the best idea we ever had.. but man, it was fun..








Anyway... read Pauls Blog for the rest of the details... but it goes without saying.l. it was One of the best concerts I've seen..

As for the ride home on the bus??? Not so much drinking.. but LOTS of sleeping..
then for the ride home from Pauls.. .. One of those rare times I was a passenger , and Not driving.. so I too full advantage and had one heck of a nap...




(Note: I've not yet seent he stones live... so can't say for certain how that will stack up.. Will let you now after Sept 23rd)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home