Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Milk Run

Foresight, it seems, is not something I posses any measurable quantity... at least not lately...

ever the dutiful spouse, I volunteered to drop off my wifes car at the dealership.this morning, and more importantly, our daughter at daycare...

I knew full well that the shuttle couldnt get me back home.. but thouhgt I could at least get a ride to the bus depot, and catch the next bus... it never dawned on me that the bus stops running to Tantallon at 8am ish.. and doesnt start again until noon...

So I take the milk run around metro, browse a few shops, and eventually.. just wait at the depot...

The ride home was equally slow... literally taking the "long cut"... As it turns out, it was actually the very first time since moving to NS in 1992 that i was ever on the bus, except for a pub crawl in my 2nd year at MSVU... but that doesnt count..

Anyway.. on any other day, id have just got a cab.. but being off, with no particular agenda or schedule... it wasn't half bad a day at all... I'd over done it yesterday, so I felt I'd earned a slow motion day today... all in all.. not bad.. but I doubt I'll choose to try it again... at least not anytime soon... times to valuable to waste...

My studio session int he afternoon got canned, so I took it as an opportunity to reorganize the studio lay out..
You wouldnt think it would be hard shuffling stuff from here to there, but with all the cables and sh-t, after starting at about 2pm today, some 12 hours later, Im still no done.. but then again, Im not that efficient at this hour... so I'd best be calling it a night..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home