Friday, July 11, 2008

What, me Crazy?


Some times its the simple things that get ya...

When we first moved in here, it was just me... no band... so I spread "my shit" out all over the room I'd claimed for my studio... Then the band fell together... and i quickly realized that the space wasn't working... so we shuffled things around.. and it worked space wise, but it sounded horrible... So we had a Sound guy... (I mean a real one, with real creditials and experience (i.e. he helped BUILD the CBC's studio) come in and give me some good practical advice... and to his credit it worked... We could jam, hear everything, no feedback.. and still low enough volume that your ears dont ring after...

So why mess with it? well... I had all my stuff crammed into a little alcove, some stuff put away, and i had to crane my neck over when ever I wanted to sing in order to reach the mike... So then I thought... "pete Sits to play drums.. why not put him in the alcove" So for the past TWO days.. I've been shuffling gear back and forth.. and I tell you.. its a LOT of work... But I'm really happy with the result.. and while I was able to get some stuff back out in the open that was previously put away... I think I actually also have MORE space??? anyway... We'll have to "sound check" it again next rehearsal.. and I still have some more wiring to as well.. but I'm some excited! .I even put up my acoustic foam... I'd not done it before as I have to paint the room.. But I figure that I have a LONG list of "to-do's" before I get to the painting of this room, so I figured... I can always take it down and put it back after painting....... But anyway...but Im like a little kid in a candy store. I keep coming back up stairs, turning on the light and just looking around.... sigh... simple joys! I'm so uncomplicated.. to bad I couldn't make a living doing something like this... But I guess Im pretty luck to have it as a hobby... So I'll dare not complain..

Speaking of which... Im off to NB this weekend to do Sound with Da Rock! I've opted to stay at Chucks place as opposed to crashing with the band at the "band house" I've been at "band house partys" before... and be it the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's or now... the music may change.. the partys the same... and to quote Danny Glover... I'm getting to old for this sh-t!" ha ha...

well.. its late.. I should go get some sleep..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home